Friday, January 22, 2010

Fundraising for Golder

My employer, Golder Associates has been incredibly supportive in my decision to take this excursion. As such, I feel like it's fitting to dedicate my ride to the Golder Trust for Orphans. The idea is a simple one: I ride 5,000 miles and raise $1 for each mile I log. And I am hoping that my colleagues at Golder will come through to make this a reality.


As part of our commitment to sustainability, Golder Associates formed the Golder Trust for Orphans in 2003 to provide support to children and families in Africa who have been orphaned or displaced by the AIDS pandemic.

Our (rough) route is shown in this map.

View Cross-country in a larger map

The fundraiser will kick off in February. I will be deciding on a method for collecting donations, but it will likely be via paypal.

No comments:

Post a Comment