Friday, June 4, 2010

Not in Kansas Anymore (finally)

A patchwork of clouds covered the sky, extending towards the horizon.  And staring hopefully towards the gray expanse, I spotted it: the sawtooth pattern barely visible, but just as it had been described - purple mountain majesty.  I thought to myself, this isn't how I was supposed to get here, but I forced the thought out of my mind.  I am a traveler and my immediate goal is realized.  You may wonder how I made my way here. Many voices of doubt assailed me when I explained my aim of reaching Denver by simply asking around. These voices are ignorant to the most basic axiom of the traveler: Make your needs known and the universe will conspire to meet them. Special thanks to Coach Delgado who was kind enough to make me a guest in his home, assist me with shipping my gear home and find me a ride to Denver. I believe him to be the embodiment of the Good Christian archetype.


I have a score to settle with Kansas that must wait until my body is whole.  For now I anticipate an awesome weekend in Denver. Expect some photos soon.

--Geoff Update--
My steadfast travel companion has ventured forth, his intent to reach the Pacific by bike.  I spoke with him earlier today and know him to be safe in Colorado Springs.  A friend from home, Jeff, has traveled from NY to provide some temporary reinforcement.  The two will bike into the Southwest, across the Continental Divide and visit some of the amazing parks there.  I will try to keep up with their trip and post updates.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Alon

    You don't know me but my friend Kelly (Rickman...she helped deliver my baby last year) told me about your adventures and (one time) plan to stay at her place in Eugene, OR. I've really been enjoying your blog and look forward to your posts continuing even though you're not traveling by bike anymore. I hope you're not in a lot of pain....

    camille

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alon, sorry I've failed to keep in touch, but I have been reading of your adventures. Sorry to hear of your run-in and subsequent layup, but I'm glad your steadfast in your desire to ramble on. Keep faith that you're on a guided mission through the ultimate journey, and make sure our friends in Denver take care of you!
    chris m

    ReplyDelete