Saturday, April 10, 2010

Greensleeves...

was the last song Geoff played for me on the ukulele before we parted ways.  We decided we'd reunite in a week's time further along on our route.  Geoff wanted some time to rest his right knee, which has been aggravated by heavy riding.  The first day into Skyline Drive, with 5 miles of straight ascents, left Geoff certain that if he didn't rest now, he wouldn't be able to ride on at all.  I hope you are learning some great songs and having a good time wherever you are, good friend.

I am eager to write about my adventures in Shenandoah, but am busily trying to figure out where to spend the night.  Anyone know somebody who lives in Waynesboro, VA?

5 comments:

  1. where is Geoff? We are all confused how you plan on meeting up? Is he camping somewhere and going to catch a bus? so confused!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If geoff isnt going to make it contact me I will pick him up no matter where he is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YO KEEP THE PSYPGH DEH UKE ATTUNE TEH PONTOON

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Lars and Cheraya,

    I believe Geoff is keeping the psypgh and is OK. He is camping and hiking in Shenandoah National Park. I have NO idea how he will meet me, but that is part of the adventure and challenge that is part of this trip. Geoff is pretty much completely out of cell phone communication until he leaves the park and at that point we will figure out how to meet.

    Also, before departing, I requested that Geoff make a blog post of his activities during our separation. That should be coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cyclists often have very tight IT bands. I have suffered this on tour and elsewhere. As my IT band tightens, it pulls laterally on my kneecap. That isn't any fun, however stretching with yoga seems to correct the problem for me, even while on tour racking up the miles. The pigeon pose is excellent. That isn't much advice, but it just might help

    While on tour, people and the planet give you their best everyday, it never ends. Enjoy the rhythm of it all - build on it.

    Long Haul Trucker

    ReplyDelete